Project and Research Methods
This subject has been designed to provide an understanding of the principles that underpin good business research. It looks at the research process from problem definition through to project conception and finally, publication of the research outcomes. Students will be introduced to a range of research processes that will inform their choice of research problem, research methodology, research methods and data analysis. The subject will also introduce them to the ethical and pragmatic concerns that impact on the research process.
Upon completing this subject, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles underpinning the business research process and make informed decisions about how to undertake research in a given circumstance.
- Examine the key challenges faced by people when undertaking research in a business context and be able to identify and employ techniques for managing these challenges.
- Analyse a problem, undertake efficient desk research and write a problem statement.
- Use at least one qualitative or quantitative research technique to collect and analyse data.
- Present and defend your opinions by preparing a research report suitable for submission to a practitioner journal or presentation to business executives.
What You Get:
- Hours of interactive videos.
- Applied industry knowledge.
- 1-year full access to the course.
- Access on your phone or desktop computer.
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course.