Operations Management 3 – ERP Metrics
This course introduces students to the theory and applications of enterprise resource planning and operational systems and processes. A range of business decision analytics are covered in the course that have as their goal, optimizing economical use of resources and maximising productivity and efficiency in the firm. Drawing on the recognisable tools, information technology and methods of operations management students will develop an understanding of Enterprise planning, analytic models, deterministic methods of analysis, and scrutiny of results. Upon completion of the course, students will understand the importance of examining and determining applicable information and determine preferred operational strategies for improvement. The consequences to the organisation and stakeholders of making improvements and changes are also considered.
Upon completing this subject, students will have achieved the following:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of operations management resource planning and application systems and apply operations management process tools and frameworks to improve core business processes.
- Understand why the role of enterprise resource planning as core to successful operations, and how operational practices contribute to the efficient operations in both service and manufacturing environments.
- Identify and map the core business processes of an organisation’s internal and external supply chain and the interactions that will lead to high quality outcomes
- Appraise the use of operations resource planning, modelling and analytical tools to recommend solutions to operational problems.
- Critically analyse information from a wide range of sources to create solutions innovatively to improve current practices.
What You Get:
- Hours of interactive videos.
- Applied industry knowledge.
- 1-year full access to the course.
- Access on your phone or desktop computer.
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course.