This subject has been designed to introduce a variety of aspects of international business. Globalisation and growing international trade amongst many different countries have brought many new challenges and opportunities for many new economies and established economies. This subject intends to bring these new ways of doing business and new questions in the minds of international business leaders and bring a lot of discussion and some probable answers to these questions. The main objective of this subject is to prepare students, learners and managers how to deal with forces affecting international businesses and how to expand successfully in many international markets.
Upon completing this subject, students will have achieved the following:
- Understand the role of economic analysis within international business contexts and appreciate the economic underpinnings of business strategy in international settings;
- Demonstrate the use of various models of competitive analysis to assess strategic behaviour in international business;
- Analyse and evaluate the complex competitive scenarios at both the firm and industry level to international business;
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of competitive strategies in the context of globalisation, particularly major entry and exit strategies of international business; and
- Critically evaluate information from a wide range of sources to demonstrate research skills, show initiative in consulting the academic literature and demonstrate the capacity to document the outcomes with sound analysis and recommendations.
What You Get:
- Hours of interactive videos.
- Applied industry knowledge.
- 1-year full access to the course.
- Access on your phone or desktop computer.
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course.