Organisational Behaviour, HRM, and Leadership
This subject has been designed to provide an understanding of the principles that underpin the leadership and management of people. Managing people involves working with individuals, teams and at the organisational level.
It also involves leading individuals and groups in ways that help them perform at their best. To manage and lead effectively requires you to understand concepts that help you identify what works best in a given situation. They both also require the deployment of particular behaviours, skills and emotions that elicit the most positive responses from other people.
In this subject we will look at the theory of managing and leading and we will also explore what it means for you as a leader and the ways you behave on a day-to-day basis.
2.1 Learning Objectives:
Upon completing this subject, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles underpinning the behaviour of people in organisations and make informed decisions about how to behave in a given circumstance.
- Examine the key challenges faced by business when managing people and be able to identify and employ techniques for managing individuals, teams and organisations.
- Understand the Industrial relations environment in which business operates and be able to develop strategies that ensure compliance.
- Critically analyse your own behaviour as a leader and develop the ability to adapt your behaviour to best suit the context in which you are operating.
- Present and defend your opinions by making judgments about the validity of ideas found in academic texts and their application to management and leadership practice.
What You Get:
- Hours of interactive videos.
- Applied industry knowledge.
- 1-year full access to the course.
- Access on your phone or desktop computer.
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course.