This unit introduces students to the fundamentals of corporate finance viewed from the perspective of the business manager.
It aims at imparting students with a managerial and analytical level understanding on topics such as time value of money, present value, future value, discounted cash flow, annuities, efficient market hypothesis, capital asset pricing model, portfolio theory, stock, options, future and derivative contracts, capital structure, weighted average costs of capital, capital budgeting techniques, and financial ratio analysis.
This subject also covers company enterprise valuation method, stock valuation, fundamental and technical analysis, option valuation and pricing- numerical and Black-Scholes, financial forecasting, co-integration, random walk, seasonality, smoothing and errors. This subject concludes with the introduction survey and research method.
Upon completing this subject, students will be able to:
- Define and understand the concepts of time value of money, present value, future value, discounted cash flows and other basic principles of finance.
- Understand the concepts and role efficient market hypothesis, capital assets pricing model, portfolio theory in applying different concepts of finance and financial management.
- Apply techniques of time value of money, discounted cash flows in the valuation of share, bond and investment proposals. Students will also learn how to apply techniques of fundamental company analysis, financial forecasting method, options valuation and pricing-numerical and Black-Scholes model.
- Analyse and critically evaluate a firm’s capital structure, debt and equity position and determine the optimal debt-equity position
- Analyse and interpret the financial ratios and portfolio theory and practices
- Calculate and interpret NPV, IRR, Pay Back Period, Profitability Index to evaluate projects.
What You Get:
- Hours of interactive videos.
- Applied industry knowledge.
- 1-year full access to the course.
- Access on your phone or desktop computer.
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course.